Fire Extinguisher Service – Riverview, FL
Residents and business owners of Riverview, Florida, frequently ask the team at All Florida Fire Equipment Co. questions about their fire extinguishers and fire suppression systems.
We’re here to answer those questions.
What is fire extinguisher service?
Fire extinguisher service is a professional review of your fire extinguishers and fire suppression system.
What happens during a fire extinguisher inspection?
All Florida will send one of our technicians to your office, factory, or home. She or he will inspect your extinguishers to make sure they’re ready to work when you need them:
- Check for external damage, rust, or tampering
- Check that labels are in place and contain instructions
- Confirm that the safety pin is still in place
- Look for dry rot or corrosion on the hose
- Verify that the tank is full and up to pressure
- Check that there is a fire extinguisher within 75 feet of every point
- Verify that there’s a fire extinguisher within 30 feet of cooking equipment
- Ensure that extinguisher is visible
- Confirm that the path to the extinguisher is clear
How often do I need to replace an extinguisher?
Theoretically, never, unless something more appropriate for your situation comes along.
Stored pressure extinguishers need to have the internal mechanism replaced every six years to make sure that it doesn’t break or lose pressure.
How often do I need to have my fire extinguishers inspected?
Annually. Nearly every municipality, county, and the city has a law that says that extinguishers need to be inspected every year.
One exception to this rule is equipment that is in particularly dusty or dirty areas or ones in areas with very high-temperature equipment or lots of large, open flame. In these locations, an inspection should be done every month. The inspector will clear debris, make sure that the heat hasn’t compromised the extinguisher, and verify that the path is clear to the device.
Once every six years a fire extinguisher needs to have an internal maintenance and then be recharged. All Florida Fire Equipment can recharge any type of fire extinguisher.
What kind of fire extinguisher do I need?
That all depends on the application. In other words, what type of fire is the extinguisher most likely to be used on?
There are many types of fire extinguishers: water, Aqueous Film-Forming Foam (AFFF), Film-Forming Fluoroprotein Foam (FFFP), carbon dioxide (CO2), ABC powder, water mist, and wet chemical.
The best way to make sure you make the right choice or to confirm that you have the right extinguishers is to call our offices at <phone> or schedule an inspection.
What Fire Suppression System Options Does All Florida Fire Offer?
We sell, service and install all types of pre-engineered fire suppression systems. Including Boat Engine Room Fire Systems, Kitchen Hood Fire Systems, and Paint booth Fire Suppression Systems.
What are the laws about fire extinguishers?
Placement – When you’re designing or building a home, an office, or other structure, the fire inspector will usually tell you exactly where to place extinguishers. As a general rule, there must be an extinguisher within 75 feet of every point. In places where food is being prepared, the maximum distance is only 30 feet.
Type – Again, the type will vary depending on the application. If you don’t have any guidelines from the fire inspector, call our offices.
Inspection – Every year or every month depending on the location and the equipment near it.
Does All Florida Fire Equipment Co. do more than just inspections?
Sure, we do full new installations, repair existing systems, and much more. We do much more than just fire extinguishers; we also install full fire suppression systems in restaurants, hotels, factories, and more.
Our team is licensed and insured for full installations and can work with your general contractor or engineer to do your installation from start to finish.
Why do I need to pay someone to inspect my fire extinguishers?
It can seem like something you can do yourself, but, in reality, it’s best left to a professional who can give you a certificate. Here’s why:
- Legal issues – You’re legally required to have your fire extinguishers inspected. This means that if you don’t, you can face fines and even the closure of your business. The most important document you get for your inspection is the report. That report states that our team was there and that everything was in working order at that time. That can be vital if there are problems later.
- Insurance – Every insurance policy, especially business insurance, will call for fire suppression equipment and maintenance. In order for your policy to remain in effect, you need to meet those criteria. This is doubly important if there’s been a fire or a problem. You don’t want to miss your inspection and have the insurance company refuse to pay a claim because of it.
- Civil Liability – Imagine the expense if there’s a fire at your place, someone reaches for the fire extinguisher, and it doesn’t work. Not inspecting an extinguisher would leave you hanging out for the damages and even significant punitive damages. There would be a case to be made for negligence as well.
- The Right Thing – No one sets out to hurt or kill someone else by not getting their fire extinguishers inspected. It’s the right thing to do. Make sure that you do everything in your power to keep your guests, employees, visitors, and family safe. It’s a small expense compared to the cost of knowing your negligence led to someone else’s pain.
“Google find a fire extinguisher inspection service near Riverview”
The offices for All Florida Fire Equipment Co. are in Tampa, St. Petersburg/Clearwater, Polk, and Manatee. Our technicians are in Riverview every week.
We are YOUR local fire extinguisher inspections service.
We’ve been taking care of Floridians for over two decades. It’s our commitment to you and all our clients that every inspection, every installation, every piece of equipment is installed well and operates perfectly every time. Lives depend on our ability to do our job to perfection. That’s a responsibility we take very seriously.
Please call our office to schedule and inspection, get a quote, or simply find out what you need to make your home, business, or building safer for everyone.
For over 20 years, All Florida Fire Equipment Co. has been serving the businesses and residents of Riverview. Let us serve you!